Antioxidants are compounds that can help defend your cells from the damage caused by free radicals, fighting oxidative stress and reducing the risk of disease. Pond Naturals believes in offering its clients natural, high-quality antioxidants. Most of our products are USDA Certified Organic and available in custom formulations.
Browse Pond Naturals’ list of Antioxidant ingredients below and don’t forget to ask about our home-grown Canadian Astaxanthin – Nature’s Fountain of Youth!
Polyphenols are natural compounds found in fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices; also in tea, dark chocolate, and wine. Over 8000 polyphenols have been discovered to date, and can be divided into subcategories like flavonoids, phenolic acid, polyphenolic amides. These plant compounds offer a variety of potential health benefits, such as:
- Polyphenols have strong anti-inflammatory properties, helping to reduce inflammation.
- Polyphenols may help lower blood sugar levels by helping the breakdown of starch into simple sugars, lowering the likelihood of blood sugar spikes after meals.
- Thanks to the powerful antioxidant properties of polyphenols, they may help reduce chronic inflammation and risk of heart disease.
Let us help you explore how Apple Polyphenol can benefit your product line or formulation
Astaxanthin. The same substance that gives salmon and krill oil its pink colour also happens to be one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents, and ally in overall health.
- One of nature’s most powerful antioxidant, astaxanthin is 6,000 times stronger than vitamin C.
- Strong anti-inflammatory properties, red algae astaxanthin reduces various inflammatory responses known to cause pain and inflammation.
- Can help prevent and delay cellular oxidative damage.
- A powerful recovery-aid for athletes, helping reduce muscle damage and lower inflammation caused by intense physical exercise.
- A natural sunscreen and skin protector, 11 times more powerful than beta-carotene and 550 times more powerful than vitamin E at battling skin-damaging oxidation.
Skin care, joint problems, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular health, protection against age-related dementia and eye conditions like macular degeneration – astaxanthin is one of nature’s most versatile and powerful allies. The word is spreading and the benefits of red algae astaxanthin are leading to increased awareness and market growth. The global astaxanthin market is expected to reach $2.57 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 18.9%.
With unique access to naturally-sourced algae, and a vertically-owned Made in Canada production facility, Pond Naturals is positioned to become a global astaxanthin leader.
Let us help you explore how Astaxanthin can benefit your product line or formulation
Black Currant Anthocyanin
Traditionally used throughout Europe to make jams, oils, and teas, black currant is a secret powerhouse of health benefits.
- Black currants contain four times the amount of vitamin C as oranges and double the amount as blueberries.
- This study showed that black currant can augment the ability of regular exercise and immune system effectiveness.
- Clinical trials have shown black currant consumption can lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol.
Let us help you explore how Black Currant Anthocyanin can benefit your product line or formulation
Blueberry Powder Phenolics & Anthocyanin
Blueberries have established themselves as one of the most popular fruits on the market, a veritable superfruit with a firm spot at the front of most grocery aisles. But depending on the time of year, this highly seasonal berry can sometimes be hard to find, or can be prohibitively expensive. Which makes blueberry powder a handy alternative for the health-conscious shopper.
Made from fresh blueberries, blueberry powder is a wonderful source of the berry’s nutrients in a convenient and non-perishable format. Here are some of the superfruits many health benefits:
- Polyphenols (a form of antioxidant) are responsible for blueberry’s blue hue, and are concentrated enough to make it one of the richer sources of antioxidants in the world, consistently one of the highest of all popular fruits and vegetables.
- Studies have found that blueberries can help protect the brain from oxidative stress and that the antioxidants in blueberries accumulate in the parts of the brain that promote cognitive capacity.
- Thanks to their flavonoid content, studies have shown that blueberries can improve the conditions of your gut, boosting immunity against bad bacteria while supporting the cultivation of good bacteria.
Let us help you explore how Blueberry Powder Phenolics & Anthocyanin can benefit your product line or formulation
Grape Seed & Skin Polyphenol
Grape seed & skin extract allows the natural power of grapes to be delivered in a concentrated and easy to use format. The normally bitter-tasting grape seeds and skin are removed, dried, and powdered, leaving consumers with the potent all-natural health benefits and a delicious taste.
- A powerful source of antioxidant and anti-Inflammatory proanthocyanidins.
- Has been shown to lower blood pressure.
- Grape seed supplements have been found to reduce oxidation of LDL or bad cholesterol, a major contributor to heart disease.
- May reduce kidney damage and improve kidney function by reducing oxidative stress.
Let us help you explore how Grape Seed & Skin Polyphenol can benefit your product line or formulation
Green Tea Polyphenol & Catechin
This famous beverage is one of the champion ingredients of healthy living. Originally consumed in Asia, this traditional tea is rich in everything from antioxidants to a range mineral compounds with impressive health benefits. Here are just a few:
- Green tea is rich in polyphenols and other potent plant compounds.
- Green tea contains the amino acid L-theanine, which is able to cross the blood-brain barrier and has been shown to have anti-anxiety effects.
- Green tea is a powerful antioxidant.
- Can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels, helping in diabetes management.
Let us help you explore how Green Tea Polyphenol & Catechin can benefit your product line or formulation
White Tea Polyphenol & Catechin
White tea powder is made from the Camellia sinensis plant. While green tea may be more widely-known, white tea is actually the least processed of the most popular teas, allowing it to retain more nutrients and giving it a wide range of health benefits.
- White tea has high amounts of catechins, potent plant-based polyphenols with many beneficial properties.
- These catechins give white tea powerful levels of antioxidants, similar to those found in green tea.
- Studies show that white tea has strong anti-inflammatory effects and is effective at reducing free radicals.
- Polyphenols found in white tea have been shown to help prevent LDL cholesterol, making it an effective aid in reducing heart disease.