- Digestion and pre-digestion of complex foods
- Antioxidant bio-availability
- Mineral bio-accessibility
- Probiotics and good bacteria
- Alkalizing the body’s pH level
- Decreasing phytic acid and lectins
- Increased lysine in grains
- Catalyzing metabolites
Chlorella, Black Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ginger, and Cumin – these are just some of the fermented ingredients that can add balance to your daily diet. From homemade kimchi to turmeric smoothies, this group will not only inject lively flavour to your meals but help build a strong foundation of gut-health, better digestion, and overall nutritional wellness.
The market for fermented ingredients is predicted to continue to grow at a strong and steady rate, with commercial interest and public awareness increasing across many sectors. The Korean stock market even has a ‘’Kimchi Index‘ that tracks the pricing of raw ingredients for this fermented staple.
All products are USDA Certified Organic and available in custom formulations. Browse Pond Naturals’ growing list of fermented ingredients below.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a popular product in the wellness industry. This dehydrated powder form of apple cider vinegar allows consumers to enjoy the benefits of this potent natural ingredient.
- Studies show that vinegar can decrease blood sugar levels.
- Vinegar has been shown to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Consumption of vinegar also has potential positive effects for weight loss and body fat.
Let us help you explore how Apple Cider Vinegar can benefit your product line or formulation
Black cumin (Nigella sativa), an herb native to the Middle East and South-Asia, has long been used in traditional nutrition and medicinal applications. A staple in herbal healing practices like Ayurveda, this super-supplement was even found buried in King Tut’s tomb!
- Black cumin has been thoroughly studied for its many nutritional and therapeutic benefits.
- Shown to have powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, black cumin has been linked to positive results in anti-radical and anti-microbial treatments, as well as diabetes prevention and mediation.
- Full of saponins, alkaloids, and good fatty acids like linoleic acid and oleic acid. This potent bioactive seed will be a welcome addition to your daily diet.
Let us help you explore how Black Cumin can benefit your product line or formulation
Black garlic is made of regular garlic exposed to high temperatures for several weeks, making the garlic age faster and giving it a dark color. The health benefits of black garlic are similar to those of raw garlic, with aged garlic offering a different taste and higher amounts of certain compounds. Asian cultures have long used black garlic for cooking and now its popularity is spreading across the globe.
- Improved brain health: Black garlic’s antioxidants can reduce inflammation in the brain and potentially help block cognitive conditions such as dementia (in animal studies).
- Boosts heart health: Black garlic has been shown to help with coronary disease and other heart functions.
- Lowers cholesterol: Studies show that black garlic can reduce cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Balances blood sugar: Diets that include black garlic have been linked with balanced blood sugar levels (animal studies) and the high amounts of antioxidants can help prevent diabetes complications.
Let us help you explore how Black Garlic can benefit your product line or formulation
Pond Naturals’ fermented cereal grass powders are fresh-cut and then fermented, providing an alkaline-balancing, nutrient-dense superfood that provides energy, minerals and cleansing properties. Here are just some of the benefits:
- Helps with digestion. Fermentation breaks down complex foods and makes them easier to digest.
- Fermentation makes nutrients more bioavailable, helping the body better absorb nutrients.
- Fermented cereal grass can provide the body with beneficial bacteria and organisms.
Let us help you explore how Cereal Grasses can benefit your product line or formulation
Chlorella is a green, freshwater algae (Chlorella vulgaris) that has gained a reputation as a powerful superfood. Full of amino acids, peptides, proteins, vitamins, and minerals, Chlorella powder is a supplement with wide-ranging potential health benefits.
- Chlorella is a great source of protein (50–60% depending on the growing conditions and strain) and contains all nine essential amino acids.
- Very high levels of chlorophyll, which can help protect the body against infections.
- Contains carotenoid antioxidants with positive anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Positive results in treating hypertension.
Pond Naturals supplies top-quality chlorella, with organic, non-GMO, and other certifications. With years of experience formulating greens blends, Pond Naturals can provide you with turn-key product formulations or supply premium bulk material.
Let us help you explore how Chlorella can benefit your product line or formulation
Ginger, or ginger root, has a long history of both delicious gastronomical ingredient and dynamic health supplement.
Gingerol, the main bioactive compound in ginger and responsible for much of its medicinal properties, has many useful health benefits:
- A powerful anti-inflammatory that helps reduce pain from inflammation-related conditions like osteoarthritis.
- Helps mitigate various forms of nausea, with particularly good results against morning sickness.
- Reduce muscle and menstrual pain.
- Helps digestion.
- May aid in lowering cholesterol.
Thanks to its wonderful aroma and distinct flavour, ginger is an easy addition to your daily diet, from gourmet recipes to daily smoothies.
Let us help you explore how Ginger can benefit your product line or formulation
Ginseng is a root plant that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. Popular as both a tasty cooking ingredient and potent health ally, Pond Natural’s ginseng powder can offer consumers the following potential health benefits:
- Ginseng has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Studies have shown ginseng helps with brain functions like memory, behaviour and other brain states.
- Can improve immune functions and lower recurrence of symptoms from sickness or surgery.
- Is a potential controlling agent for blood glucose in people both with and without diabetes.
Let us help you explore how Ginseng can benefit your product line or formulation
Red Beets, the colourful vegetable that adds some sweetness to your salads also happens to be chock-full of nutrients and other health benefits. Red beets have been shown to:
- Lower blood pressure substantially in short periods of time, mostly due to their naturally-occurring nitrates and nitric oxide.
- Improve athletic performance and efficiency of mitochondria (energy production in cells).
- A great source of fibre; one cup of beetroot contains 3.4 grams of fiber.
- Increase blood flow to frontal lobe of the brain, improving oxygen supply and brain functions.
Fermented beets also deliver all the health benefits of raw beets while also catalyzing bioavailability through fermentation, adding additional good bacteria and enzymes.
From beetroot extract to red beet sauerkraut, this vegetable is an important and delicious part of a healthy diet.
Let us help you explore how Red Beet can benefit your product line or formulation
Turmeric. The spice that gives curry its yellow color, has been used in India as a spice and medicinal herb for millenia.
The active ingredients in tumeric are curcuminoids, with curcumin being the most potent. Studies show that these powerful compounds give tumeric an impressive array of health benefits:
- Potent anti-inflammatory properties, matching the effects of some anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Strong antioxidant properties that both directly block oxidants and stimulate your body’s own antioxidant defenses.
- Linked to positive results in cardiovascular health.
- Helps battle degenerative and age-related brain conditions.
- Reduces the effects of chronic stress.
This tasty kitchen spice and powerful health ally is becoming well-known as a super-supplement – add it to your diet and recipes and reap the rewards.