- Digestion and pre-digestion of complex foods
- Antioxidant bio-availability
- Mineral bio-accessibility
- Probiotics and good bacteria
- Alkalizing the body’s pH level
- Decreasing phytic acid and lectins
- Increased lysine in grains
- Catalyzing metabolites
Chlorella, Black Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ginger, and Cumin – these are just some of the fermented ingredients that can add balance to your daily diet. From homemade kimchi to turmeric smoothies, this group will not only inject lively flavour to your meals but help build a strong foundation of gut-health, better digestion, and overall nutritional wellness.
The market for fermented ingredients is predicted to continue to grow at a strong and steady rate, with commercial interest and public awareness increasing across many sectors. The Korean stock market even has a ‘’Kimchi Index‘ that tracks the pricing of raw ingredients for this fermented staple.
Browse Pond Naturals’ growing list of fermented ingredients below.
Black cumin (Nigella sativa), an herb native to the Middle East and South-Asia, has long been used in traditional nutrition and medicinal applications. A staple in herbal healing practices like Ayurveda, this super-supplement was even found buried in King Tut’s tomb!
Black cumin has been thoroughly studied for its many nutritional and therapeutic benefits. Shown to have powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, black cumin has been linked to positive results in anti-radical and anti-microbial treatments, as well as diabetes prevention and mediation.
Full of saponins, alkaloids, and good fatty acids like linoleic acid and oleic acid. This potent bioactive seed will be a welcome addition to your daily diet.
Let us help you explore how Black Cumin can benefit your product line or formulation
Ginger, or ginger root, has a long history of both delicious gastronomical ingredient and dynamic health supplement.
Gingerol, the main bioactive compound in ginger and responsible for much of its medicinal properties, has many useful health benefits:
- A powerful anti-inflammatory that helps reduce pain from inflammation-related conditions like osteoarthritis.
- Helps mitigate various forms of nausea, with particularly good results against morning sickness.
- Reduce muscle and menstrual pain.
- Helps digestion.
- May aid in lowering cholesterol.
Thanks to its wonderful aroma and distinct flavour, ginger is an easy addition to your daily diet, from gourmet recipes to daily smoothies.
Let us help you explore how Ginger can benefit your product line or formulation
Red Beets, the colourful vegetable that adds some sweetness to your salads also happens to be chock-full of nutrients and other health benefits. Red beets have been shown to:
- Lower blood pressure substantially in short periods of time, mostly due to their naturally-occurring nitrates and nitric oxide.
- Improve athletic performance and efficiency of mitochondria (energy production in cells).
- A great source of fibre; one cup of beetroot contains 3.4 grams of fiber.
- Increase blood flow to frontal lobe of the brain, improving oxygen supply and brain functions.
Fermented beets also deliver all the health benefits of raw beets while also catalyzing bioavailability through fermentation, adding additional good bacteria and enzymes.
From beetroot extract to red beet sauerkraut, this vegetable is an important and delicious part of a healthy diet.
Let us help you explore how Red Beet can benefit your product line or formulation
Turmeric. The spice that gives curry its yellow color, has been used in India as a spice and medicinal herb for millenia.
The active ingredients in tumeric are curcuminoids, with curcumin being the most potent. Studies show that these powerful compounds give tumeric an impressive array of health benefits:
- Potent anti-inflammatory properties, matching the effects of some anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Strong antioxidant properties that both directly block oxidants and stimulate your body’s own antioxidant defenses.
- Linked to positive results in cardiovascular health.
- Helps battle degenerative and age-related brain conditions.
- Reduces the effects of chronic stress.
This tasty kitchen spice and powerful health ally is becoming well-known as a super-supplement – add it to your diet and recipes and reap the rewards.