Pond Naturals, with its USDA Certified Organics Greens, offers an impressive range of powdered organic products and custom formulations, giving you the tools to service any type of client.
Browse Pond Naturals’ range of Organic Greens below.
Used for centuries around the world as a crop for animal feed, alfalfa also has a long history as nutritious herb for human consumption.
Recently, dried alfalfa has gained popularity as a supplement and the seeds are often used to grow alfalfa sprouts, a delicious and nutrient-rich addition to your daily diet. Alfalfa has been shown to offer the following benefits:
- Can lower the absorption of cholesterol.
- Rich in bioactive plant compounds like saponins, flavonoids, phytosterols, and alkaloids.
- Contains phytoestrogens which have been shown to help with menopausal symptoms.
- Animal studies have shown high antioxidant properties and reduction in free radicals.
Let us help you explore how Alfalfa Grass can benefit your product line or formulation
Pond Naturals’ Organic Barley Grass Powder. Barley grass is one of the oldest varieties of sweetgrass in the world, going back thousands of years where it was cultivated by the Greeks and Romans. Historically used as livestock feed, it has recently gained popularity as a natural and nutrient-rich ingredient with a wide range of health benefits.
- Barley grass has been shown to help with ulcerative colitis, with a stimulating effect on gut-friendly bacteria.
- Is a good source of antioxidants.
- Has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps in reducing in bad forms of cholesterol, including low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and non-high-density lipoprotein (non-HDL).
Let us help you explore how Barley Grass can benefit your product line or formulation
Broccoli – along with others like cabbage, kale and cauliflower – are part of the cruciferous group of vegetables. Belonging to the Brassica oleracea species of plant, broccoli is packed full of nutritious properties. Pond Naturals’ Organic Broccoli Powder offers the following health benefits:
- High amounts of Vitamin C, A, and K.
- A great source of antioxidants.
- Contains kaempferol, a flavonoid with strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Can potentially help blood-sugar control by decreasing insulin resistance. After 4 weeks patients taking broccoli supplements showed markedly lower insulin concentrations versus the placebo.
Let us help you explore how Broccoli can benefit your product line or formulation
Chlorella is a green, freshwater algae (Chlorella vulgaris) that has gained a reputation as a powerful superfood. Market size has been growing steadily with continued growth expected in both short and medium term. Full of amino acids, peptides, proteins, vitamins, and minerals, Pond Naturals’ Organic Chlorella Powder is a supplement with wide-ranging potential health benefits.
- Chlorella is a great source of protein (50–60% depending on the growing conditions and strain) and contains all nine essential amino acids.
- Very high levels of chlorophyll, which can help protect the body against infections.
- Contains carotenoid antioxidants (lutein, zeaxanthin, α-carotene, and β-carotene) that have positive anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Studies have shown that taking 5–10 grams of chlorella daily can lower total and LDL cholesterol, and has positive effects on reducing the absorption of lipids.
Pond Naturals supplies top-quality chlorella, with organic, non-GMO, and other certifications. With years of experience formulating greens blends, Pond Naturals can provide you with turn-key product solutions or supply premium bulk material.
Let us help you explore how Chlorella can benefit your product line or formulation
Pond Naturals’ Organic Kale Powder. Recent years have seen the popularity of kale increase substantially, with this member of the cabbage family now considered a staple of healthy eating. A cruciferous vegetable like broccoli, kale is nutrient-dense and loaded with powerful compounds and health benefits.
- Rich in vitamins A & K, calcium, carotenoids, and cruciferous compounds.
- Kale, like other leafy greens, boasts rich antioxidants. These include beta-carotene and vitamin C, as well as various flavonoids and polyphenols.
- High amounts of the flavonoids quercetin and kaempferol, which are shown to have good heart-protective, blood pressure-lowering, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- More vitamin C per serving than spinach and even oranges.
Let us help you explore how Kale can benefit your product line or formulation
Native to parts of northern Europe and North Africa, the arrhenatherum species of oat grass is a versatile plant that can grow in many types of soil. Oat grass is currently experiencing a rise in popularity as a potent natural ingredient. Pond Naturals’ Organic Oat Grass Powder offers the following benefits:
- Oat grass is a good source of amino acids and vitamins A, C, E and K
- Contains pantothenic acid, chlorophyll, lecithin, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and phosphorus.
- Studies show that oat grass can improve cognitive functions, with improved results on concentration tests and the ability to maintain focus.
- Can help manage blood sugar levels, with studies showing that diets rich in oat fibre can help reduce insulin-resistance and other diabetes markers.
Let us help you explore how Oat Grass can benefit your product line or formulation
Spirulina, often referred to as blue-green algae, is a single cell plant-like organism that grows in both fresh and saltwater. Spirulina was consumed by the ancient Aztecs and today has become well-known as a high-nutrient, low-calorie food that contains a lot of nutrition in a small amount of powder. Full of protein, iron, magnesium, and vitamins B2 and B3, spirulina has been shown to have a wide-array of health benefits:
- A 2018 review study found that spirulina significantly lowered people’s fasting blood glucose levels.
- This 2016 systematic review and meta-analysis shows that taking spirulina supplements may positively impact blood lipids, and significantly reduces total cholesterol.
- A study of both men and women showed that doses of 4.5 grams per day can reduce blood pressure.
- A 2013 study showed that blue-green algae may play a role in preventing heart disease, potentially due to their cholesterol-lowering, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidative effects.
- Studies show that spirulina is high in bioavailable protein, an important factor in digestion and bioactivity.
Pond Naturals currently stocks top-quality spirulina, and is expanding capacity of our own Made-in-Canada Spirulina. With years of experience formulating greens blends, Pond Naturals is well positioned to work with you on new or existing products.
Let us help you explore how Spirulina can benefit your product line or formulation
VitaKelp® Hebridean Seaweed
VitaKelp® Hebridean Seaweed (a product of RFI Ingredients) is a highly nutritious edible seaweed wild-harvested using proprietary processing, from the pristine sea lochs of the Scottish Outer Hebridean Islands. The nutritional profile of this brown seaweed, species Ascophyllum nodosum—commonly called Knotted Wrack —cannot be matched in land plants and provides minerals at levels exceeding other “superfoods”.
- The proprietary techniques and specialized equipment unique to VitaKelp® Hebridean Seaweed’s supply ensures high-nutritional quality in this safe and traceable, raw, whole-food ingredient.
- Natural Source of Bioavailable Iodine: Iodine is an essential mineral for normal thyroid function, energy metabolism, neurological development and breast health.
- Sustainable: Seaweed is highly sustainable, with no requirement for fresh water, land or fertilizer to grow, and the factory where it is processed has won numerous environmental and sustainability awards.
- VitaKelp®Hebridean Seaweed is certified-organic and kosher.
*** Pond Naturals is the Canadian distributor of certain RFI Ingredients products. The above information on VitaKelp® Hebridean Seaweed is an excerpt from the RFI website.
Let us help you explore how VitaKelp® Hebridean Seaweed can benefit your product line or formulation
Wheatgrass is made from freshly sprouted leaves of the wheat plant, triticum aestivum. An excellent source of active plant compounds, vitamins, and minerals, wheatgrass powder is becoming a sought-after natural ingredient. Pond Naturals’ Organic Wheatgrass Powder offers consumers a range of interesting health benefits:
- Contains important antioxidants, including vitamins C and E.
- Is a good source of chlorophyll, a potent anti-inflammatory agent.
- Contains 17 amino acids, eight of them essential (isoleucine, leucine, lysine, metheonine, threonine, tryptophan, valine, phenylalanine).
- Studies show (animal studies) that it lowers total cholesterol and increases “good” HDL cholesterol.